Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Final Project

For the final project, I started with this graphic for the background.


First, I removed everything but the main logo. I then turned the inside part transparent. This allowed me to put the pics I would use for the collage inside of it and not have to form the shape of the logo.



I then choose pics to fill the inside of the letters. The pics are used were of the city sky line and various buildings.

For the inside of the main logo, I used pics of players like this one.


Finally, after hours of work, the collage is almost complete.


I then took the inside of the Bull face and created a separate layer.


I then blend this layer with the main image and added a bevel and emboss effect. The final result is the picture below.
(since I converted it into a jpeg it loses some of the effect)

The final project meets the my proposal because I created a collage of images to create the Bulls logo. I only used pics of the city of Chicago for the lettering (except for Benny the Bull flying in the letter B because I thought it looked cool). Pics of players were used to fill the inside of the logo.
The image is a high resolution raster graphic. 

I think it would look best as a standard size sticker (I think 4x4) or possibly a small poster. I only used Adobe photoshop to edit every pic and create layers. There are probably around 40 layers I used in the final project. 

The main tools I used in photoshop were, magic wand, quick selection and selection. I used these tools to crop the pics into the shapes that would fit together. I also used pics that matched the color scheme of the Bull logo. The horns are red so I chose a red pic for both horns. I also used lighter pics for the white parts of the horn.

Overall, I enjoyed creating the collage. It was a lot more difficult and more work than I thought it would be. The results were well worth it. The logo not only represents the team, but also the city of Chicago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment